Monday, May 30, 2011

School Dress Code

Now that the weather is getting warmer, kids at school are starting to wear short dresses, short skirts, and short shorts.  The principals, however, do not like this transition.  At school it seems like everyday you hear of several girls getting called down to the office to change their outfit because the principal felt it was too inappropriate for school.  I really think that the school is being too harsh on this subject.  It's hot out!  Give the students a break.  I can understand if someone wore a skirt or dress that was too short or revealing, but shorts?  Come on.  How can shorts be that short that it is considered distracting to others trying to learn?  I'm not really seeing that.  I've never seen a girl wear a pair of shorts in school that I thought were so short that it was actually distracting me.  Shorts cover everything so I don't see the problem here.  I think a new policy on the summertime dress code desperately needs to be discussed and put into place. -Lindsey 5/30

No comments:

Post a Comment